It’s not necessary to love a person to find some areas of agreement and common experiences: NSA spying victims, under-employment, unregulated Wall Street Banker caused recession, and our First Amendment of the U. S. Constitution guaranteeing all Americans
- the freedom to be stupid or informed
- to be an inhumane bully or give a voice to the voiceless
- to be a billionaire terrified of gullible consumers transforming into informed voters or to champion the unity and equality of Human Rights, Civil Rights, Women’s Rights and Voting Rights
Whether faith or politics, earth steward or climate denier, ostrich or prophet — the needs of humanity, power grids, infrastructure and the earth have reached, the level of urgent time limits. Those resisting an American renewable transformation, tend also, to be against much of what is good for earth and its human inhabitants.
However, there is one universal mantra they chant: no matter how we vote, who we marry, what our color or gender — we don’t matter – to them.
The world’s population is consuming more food and water, faster than the earth can produce it. And when supply and demand intersect the crossroad of scarcity, who shall be the first served life giving water; and who, left to die fighting in the streets, over an aluminum can of artificial sweeteners?
The connection between California drought and an ocean encroaching on Florida beaches is clarity: Climate Change denying is Energy Apartheid and with our ballots we must unite against Governors, State Legislatures and Congress, for being unfit to govern.
Want to occupy something, Occupy this:
- Even Bangladesh is installing solar panels at the rate of 70,000 a month
- Fracking and Keystone pipeline have united cowboys with Indians and farmers with ranchers, against both
- Americans use more energy between midnight New Year’s Eve and noon on January 2nd than the continent of Africa uses in a year.
- The World Health Organization reports, there is massive migration in the Pacific as people race against death by Climate Injustice, but western Corporations create new Climate Refugees, every day.
- That Sixteen thousand Americans in Richmond, California having to go to the hospital, because Chevron repeatedly ignores the humanity of remorse in favor of the laws of profit, is no accident of nature.
Who is it that insists oil dependency and fossil fuels are better for America’s financial, physical and mental health, than farmers and communities creating their own renewable free energy from corn cobs and batteries?
Who is denying our weather has changed dramatically for millions of Americans and Global Warming, whether due to Climate Change or not, will enslave our next generations if not deny them, their very existence?
Who is fighting against The Clean Power Plan, an extension of the Clean Air Act? And Why?
Historically, America’s energy sources have evolved – wood, coal, oil, natural gas, nuclear. Why not in the 21st century take the next logical step to solar and wind energy? Answer: Fortunes will change from Wall Street board rooms to Main Street roof tops, and Corporatism’s Koch heads are petrified at the potential loss of their power over us.
This, not patriotic fervor, is why billionaires like Norman Braman and Sheldon Adelson spend tens of millions of their free speech to squelch our free elections.
Now, hold these truths to be self-evident:
- In revenge for the 1960s Civil Rights movement, we’ve inherited inequity in housing, incarceration and Food Desserts. What will those born in 2001 inherit?
- There are fewer gangsters on our streets, but more suites on The Street
- All our social and financial issues erupt from our insatiable rape of earth, water, air and food-chains.
If keeping a job is so important you’d continue to work for the very company polluting your family’s drinking water, then consider the employment opportunities available to us. IF, instead of investing tax dollars in corporate welfare for recession creating Too Big To Fail Mega Banks, We The People invested in transforming America into a Solar Energy Powered, Super Power; controlled by local communities – instead of Corporatism determined to dominate government on all levels and puppet string 99.9% of all Americans.
The most essential advocacy for Americans in 2015: connect the dots connecting us, for truly all roads, Pinched Prosperity Place, Police State Street, Gun Violence Highway, Mass Incarceration Ave, Voter Intimidation Interstate and Bullies Boulevard — all lead to disappearing Florida, Mid-West tornado destruction and California drought — on the Climate Injustice Beltway.
Solutions for social, financial and employment challenges begin with ceasing our denial of Climate Change, for the cry of Mother Earth is increasingly urgent — and it will be too late if our grandchildren are left to dry her tears.
Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.
Joining an all-inclusive Climate Advocacy, we can recharge America and power up all Americans. Here are a few places to start:
- #1Planet1People: PeopleDemandingAction.org